The NT Government and BCA National Training Group are committed to workforce training and skilling initiatives and have alternative options that may be suited to your individual circumstances such as:
- • User Choice funding
- • VET Student Loans
- • Fee for service including payment plans
Along with access to a number of other grants available to RTO’s either directly or in partnership with industry and employers.
About the NT Training Entitlement
The Northern Territory Training Entitlement was a successful scheme to increase the number of Australians with a Certificate III or higher qualification. This scheme ended in 2017 and will continue to support existing students through to 2019.
About User Choice Funding
User Choice Funding is available to students who meet the eligibility criteria for a traineeship with Australian Apprenticeships NT (AANT). The User Choice Funding program provides funding for the delivery of structured training and assessment for full-time, part-time and school based apprentices and trainees in the Northern Territory. Taking on a traineeship doesn’t change your current work conditions, it allows you to access training which will be fully funded by the government. User Choice funding also attracts traineeship benefits to the employer and the student, which may include a commencement and/or completion payment for the employer and a workwear/workgear bonus for the trainee.
You meet the following criteria you may be eligible for User Choice funding if:
• You are an employee who has worked continuously for an employer either full-time for three months, or part-time or casual for 12 months
and you are
• an Indigenous person OR
• a person who worked when attending school and is subsequently entering a traineeship with the same employer OR
• undertaking a traineeship in an occupation experiencing skills shortages as listed on the NT Skilled Occupation Priority List OR
• Progressing to a higher level qualification within the same National Training Package, no more than 12 months after completing a previous apprenticeship or traineeship. The department will fund only the one progression, for example, Certificate II to a Certificate III.
User Choice Funding is available through BCA National for the following courses:
Certificate III in Individual Support
Diploma of Child Youth and Family Intervention
Diploma of Community Services
Diploma of Mental Health