WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Government funding or VET Student Loans is available for your course. In addition to this you may also be eligible for State Government subsidies including Smart and Skilled in NSW and Higher Level Skills in Queensland.
VET Student Loans is an Australian Government loan scheme that helps eligible students pay their tuition fees for Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or hold a permanent humanitarian visa
- Hold a New Zealand Special Category Visa (conditions apply)
As it is a loan, a VET Student Loan will remain a personal debt in your name until it is repaid to the commonwealth. The loan may, until it is repaid, reduce your after-tax wage or salary, and may reduce your borrowing capacity. Loan repayments start once you earn more than $54,869 and are deducted from your salary. As with any loan, you may wish to seek independent financial advice before you take out a VET Student Loan. We are able to offer VET Student Loans for the following courses:
- Diploma of Child, Youth & Family Intervention CHC50313: VET Student Loan limit $10,000, Course Cost $10,600
- Diploma of Community Services CHC52015: VET Student Loan limit $10,000, Course cost $10,600
- Diploma of Counselling CHC51015: VET Student Loan limit $10,000, Course cost $10,800